SHOP AMAZON

Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

Prices Creeping Up

I'm a numbers person.  With that being said, here is what I've noticed this week.

Not only are sizes of some products shrinking on us, but prices are creeping up as well.

For the last month, I've been working on stockpiling Heinz gravy with the coupon they had out $1/2.  My go-to store with dollar coupons is Kroger here, because our stores double $1 coupons.  Each time I stopped at the store, I'd pick up 6 Heinz gravy and use 3 of the $1/2 coupons, which my store doubled to $2....basically, getting $1 off each jar.

The price has been $1.28 a jar.

I was purchasing the Roasted Turkey jars because under each label is another $1/2 Beef or Chicken gravy coupon that doesn't expire until October I believe.  :)  More savings!

Out of curiosity, I'm always "checking prices" of things I always buy, even if I'm not planning on purchasing them right then...........again, it's the numbers thing coming out in me.

Yesterday, while at Kroger, passing the gravy, I just had to look.  Big yellow sign stating "New Low Price" that read $1.34!!!

Now, that doesn't seem like a lot, only .06 cents a jar..........but it all adds up.  My six jars would now cost me an extra .30 cents.

This is only one item, but if every item in your cart went up a nickel, a dime, a quarter............you end up paying an extra $5, $10 or $20 for your cart of groceries without even adding anything extra!

What do you think?  Have you seen any prices creeping up lately?  Let us know! 

No comments: